Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Have Been Diagnosed with a Fatal Disease


This is the title poem in my book I Have Been Diagnosed with a Fatal Disease and Other Poems:

I have been diagnosed with a fatal disease.
Everyone who gets this disease eventually dies.

I don’t know how long I have, but I think
I should try to make the most of every day.

Come to terms with what is ultimately important.
Spend more time with those I love.

Take more time to appreciate every breath,
every sunrise, every kiss, every smile, every word.

Worry less and enjoy more.
Make my corner of the world a little better place.

For, after all, I don’t know how much longer
I will be around.

I have been diagnosed with a fatal disease.
It’s called life – and there is no cure.


My book, I Have Been Diagnosed with a Fatal Disease and Other Poems, is a collection of 64 short poems -- some serious, some light. I will post others on this blog from time to time.